Friday, April 8, 2011

I love everything about the South....

Being born and raised in Alabama I love everything about the south. The people, the food, the traditions, everything, BUT the humidity. In Alabama we have two seasons: miserably hot and miserably cold. Humidity plays a key role in the awfulness of it. I also HATE how it effects my hair. I have naturally wavy/curly hair so in the summer all I can do is curl it, and I am accustomed to it, in the SUMMER. Well, today I didn't straighten my hair but i just pulled it back and straightened my side bangs. I walk outside, in April mind you, I had to GASP for air! The humidity was so thick that i could cut it with a knife. (every time I think of this expression I think of that scooby- doo episode where they cut the fog with a knife and eat it. haha) I was not prepared for this, it didn't even rain! So I just had to give up on looking cute for the day. I also hate how the commercials say like our shampoo will keep your hair from frizzing out in the humidity. They obviously they have NOT put it through the ultimate test in the south. I am ok with my hair frizzing out in the summer because I am ready for it and pretty much everyone else is frizzy too. I have never found a product that has worked miracle on my hair to keep it straight through the summer months. So my question to you is have you found anything that works for you...I might give it a try! :)

Have a safe and wonderful weekend!


eMc

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and it is adorable!! I also live in the South with curly hair! Here in Texas it gets very humid during the summer so I just pull my bangs up into a bow, the perfect quick fix! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Tennessee girl and boy do I know your pain! In the spring and summer I have 2 choices, frizzy and more frizzy. I have found that BioSilk has helped my hair better than anything else. Good luck! If you find the perfect product, please pass it along to me! I need all the help I can get! HA! xoxo

    p.s. you have a twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair is naturally curly but I blow it out with a round brush... i feel your pain. I haven't found the perfect straightening product either, but my favorite curly hair product is Noodle Head which you can get at Sally's. I've also found if I do my hair at night before I go to bed and sleep on it, it gets less frizzy the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the WORST humid hair on the planet, it's horrible!! I'm going to have to try the products they've recommended above! Just found your blog, so cute! Virginia

    ReplyDelete