Thursday, April 14, 2011

AHHHH!!!

School. is. hard. period. I am so over it. I want to be done, or just drop out. I am so overwhelmed I feel like I am going to explode. I have come to the point where I need to vent, after all that is why I made a blog! :)

So I will give you a little background on my life. When I started college I wanted to go to dental school. Around the end of my junior year I decided I did not want to go to dental school. My major is biomedical sciences that is the typical major for pre-med, pharm, and dental. Well if you don't go to one of those schools then you don't really have other options on what you can do with your bachelors degree. So I figured I would just go ahead and finish my degree and figure out the whole job situation later since I was so far along. Now I am a senior but I have known for a while that I would not graduate in four years (ie this May). Now I have to stay a whole extra year, but now I really just cannot go on with biomedical sciences. I am miserable, it is so hard and I put so much effort into it for it not to show.  I have worked my butt off and I am just so tired and I have just run out of motivation. I have been in school nonstop since fall of 07, summers and all. I want to switch majors to something a little less demanding. I am now thinking about exercise science, health promotion, or rehabilitation. The problem: in exercise science you have to apply for it and you can only apply for the fall and spring, I have missed it for fall and in order for me to graduate in May of 2012 I need to be in there for the fall. In health promotion and rehabilitation you have to have an internship; I still have to do all of the course work in order for me to be able to do an internship in the spring. AHHHH WHAT DO I DO!!! I am so stressed and so worried. I have had 8480201973987 mental/emotional breakdowns the past couple of weeks. :( College is so hard. Like my mom says, "If it was easy everyone would do it". Well here's the catch I don't real plan on using my degree because I was thinking about going to a local community college and go to their radiology program. So pretty much I am wasting my time with this four year degree business. I would just quit now but I would feel HORRIBLE wasting my parents money like this. I also feel kind of dumb for wanting to just go to community college. Does that look bad on me? I will have a degree from Auburn but not using it. I mean how do you KNOW what you want to do for the rest of your life? I'm only 21 I don't think that I am capable of making these kinds of life altering decisions.

I am jealous of people who are really passionate about what they are going to school for. I mean how do they know that's what they want to do. I know God does everything for a reason in time, but I have no idea where he is trying to lead me. I know worrying get's you no where, but what else am I supposed to do, it's my future.

This Monday I will be meeting with career development services to help me figure all this out. Soooo I will let you know how it all goes, and maybe I will have a life plan! Sorry this was sooo long, but I need to get this out because bGe is getting tired of hearing my breakdowns.

Oh yea, and get excited! This weekend is parents weekend!! :)

I hope everyone's week is going better than mine. Remember what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!

eMc

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog. I graduated from Auburn last year. I miss it so much. I moved to LA and became a stylist and just recently launched my own fashion blog. I'd love if you checked it out for multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. war eagle! xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definitely not alone. I was in the same position as you and had the same exact feelings. I first started out wanting to do something in the medical field, so I decided with radiology. My main issue was only going and doing something that would please my parents. It doesn't work that way and I eventually figured that out. Why waste time if it's something I'm not happy about and I'm doing it just to please others. Despite the fact I wasted 3 years of my college years, I changed anyways. Personally, I found it pointless to waste my time on something I didn't want to do, even if it meant more money. I rather have more money being paid for something I can actually use in life, then not. My parents pay out of their pocket as well and I eventually broke down and told them. They understood. Now I'm a pre-law student and fixing to graduate in May. Just take time to yourself one day and truly think about it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete